With 2nd pregnancies how soon are you supposed to show?

My boobs are already swelling and I am now wearing a compression garment (girdle) when I go to work because I don't want to show too soon. It's not uncomfortable and it gives my body support but I am not used to this. I am not obese but I, like many Mommas, did not lose all the weight from the first baby. So is this normal that near my sternum and belly I am already "fluffy"? My boobs didn't swell until my 7th month with my son. I am in my 2nd month....isn't this too early?

I don't over eat. I keep up with my oatmeal and yogurt and fruits. I drink water constantly and my I can tell when I am retaining water because my wedding rings will be tight on my hand and they aren't. So what gives??? I don't want to be fluffy too soon.

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 12:49 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is my second baby also I started showing between 8-13 weeks I had a bump. now at 18 weeks very much PG. Good Luck I think of it like this the first time is like balloon very hard to blow up second time not so much. just take it easy and try to eat very healthy of ya are really worried about the weight. Best of Luck to ya.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 1:16 PM on May. 7, 2009

• maybe you're having twins :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Do I laugh or cry? I would absolutely LOVE to have twins and would be thankful for that blessing! I had thought of that but don't have an ultrasound until the 18th. I get heartburn I am drinking so much ice water. I just remember with my son (of course I was 24 then) I didn't show till 5 months.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i started showing immediately with my 2nd, my uterus was 3-4 weeks bigger than it should've been, so we thought it was twins. turned out i had a cyst on my ovary that was making my uterus seem bigger. don't worry though, if it is a cyst, they're almost always benign and go away on their own by the 4th or 5th month. they're very common
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:55 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Sometimes with second pregnancies it takes a bit longer to show
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 1:12 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I am 18 weeks with baby #2 and I am not showing at all yet. Granted my first is almost 10, so that might have something to do with it. I am overweight too, so that might be it. I wouldn't worry too much. I can't wait to have a baby belly!!! Good luck to you!
    TinaT80

Answer by TinaT80 at 1:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• You might be bloated. Im pregnant with my 3rd and for the first 10 weeks I was SERIOUSLY bloated. It looked like I was 4 months pregnant, but now its gone and I have a little bump.
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 1:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I know how you feel! I am 7 weeks tomorrow && i look like I did with my first at 4 months!! and I am not overweight either....haha I can't even hold anyhting down!! A lot of people have said it might be twins or a girl because i am carrying it different!
    Svarne

Answer by Svarne at 1:40 PM on May. 7, 2009

• your probably blaoted... even when i am not pregnant.. when i get bloated..i swell up in my belly and litterally look about 4 months pergnant.
    Anonymous