How do I travel with my Toddler & keep my sanity?

We're going to Fl for a wedding & this is our daughters first time flying. She's just shy of 2y/o. We were lucky enough to get a Nonstop on the way home but have a layover on the way there. What should I pack & how can I keep her entertained? Plus how do I keep her ears from popping?

BeautifuLove

Asked by BeautifuLove at 12:49 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Travel

• Sippy cup for the ears or bottle if you give her one or pacifier, a sucker anything to suck on will help her ears. As for what to bring for a layover, snacks are good and a few toys she likes. My daughter was 6 months on her first flight and I had 2 lay overs each way and she did fine. How long is the layover? Most of the time they are an hour or so and you have time to walk from one end to the other and go to the bathroom or whatever. It wont be that bad just a few toys snacks and a cup or whatever for her to suck on.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Pack snacks so she can munch during takeoff and landing. Carry your stuff in a backpack so you hav eboth hands free to take care of her. Pack antibacterial wipes since she will be touching everything. Get new stuff in the bag so it will be exciting to get out and not the same old stuff. Go to the dollar store and see if you can find a few things she may like.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Our layover is an hour in Atlanta. Thanks for the new toy idea ria...We'll definitely take her Sippy for take-off now I know it'll help...we were going to leave it!

BeautifuLove

Answer by BeautifuLove at 1:14 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Try fruit snacks for take off and landing, they are chewy and not like gum which can't be swallowed. We are going to FL this summer too, for a wedding.

Our boys will 10,3, 18 months. We plan on buying this toy and only letting them play with it on the plane or in the airport.

http://toygalaxy.net/puzzles.html?gclid=CN2thuvhqpoCFRKIxwodmC1A0w

The key is to keep them occupied. This toy is great because you can use it with as little as three pieces. So it is small and easy to pack in a carry on. They even have a pink car for girls. :)

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:54 PM on May. 7, 2009

• bring xanax for you!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:02 PM on May. 10, 2009