how soon??????

My Dh is from Atl and we r in my home town about 12 hours away how soon after i have the baby do u think it ok to travel so Mil can see her grandbaby?

honeyb690

Asked by honeyb690 at 12:52 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my baby on the 14th of september, got released the 15th and drove 8 hours to ohio on the 16th. She had to stay for her 2 day check up if not I would have been gone that day. As soon as your ready to travel. Remember to stop to avoid leg cramps and to change your pads.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• that depends entirely on how you're feeling and recovering. some people are feeling great as soon as the baby is out, some people need some time off to relax and let tender places heal
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:54 PM on May. 7, 2009

• this is my frist and i was going to pay for a ticket for her to come up here for like a week u know a few day befor and a few days after just in case but my Dh want to take his lil girl and show her off
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 1:21 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I really depends on how you're feeling and how the baby is doing. You don't want to drive that long distance if the baby has colic, ya know? My guess would be maybe 6 weeks after? About that time, you're getting into a little bit of a groove with feedings and could possibly be sleeping more (even if it's a little more, LOL).
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 1:40 PM on May. 7, 2009