What/ Who do you believe Jesus was/is?

I do believe he existed .. ther is proof to support that a man with name lived around that time.. but other then that i think the rest is just a pretty story.. I think he was just a man.. no offense to anyone else simply MY OPINION! whats yours?
(reposted cuz i had it in the wrong section on accident)

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:53 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Christian and I believe that he is all that the Bible says he is. He is a prophet, priest and king. He is the author of life, the alpha and the omega. Jesus is one part of a triune God. He is the part of God that is made flesh and dwelt among us. Since we were unable to obtain salvation by living the perfect life we were meant to live (beginning at the Garden of Eden) Jesus came to live it for us and sacrafice himself for us so that salvation may once again be ours.

There are many historical documents that suggested that he was a real person. I think they carry the same weight as the documents that outline his miracles (such as the document written by John) and who he says he was. People witnessed what he did, the voice from heaven when he was baptized, the stone being rolled away, the tall temple curtain being torn from the top down...and they wrote it down for us. I personally don't think they were lying.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:58 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My opinion is that, though there were many men named Jesus in that time, the Jesus of the bible never existed. Except, perhaps as a composite of many magicians and miracle workers that travel the land at that time. He was portrayed, in the bible, as a fairly good psychic healer, but a dud as a prophet. Certainly if he did exist he was a mere man, as was Apollonius of Tyrana, Scipio Africanus and other miracle workers of his era.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:05 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My personal belief is that he was a teacher. He had "radical" ideas for his time and it got him into trouble.
    I think he just wanted a better world and preached/teached about how to get there.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:08 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Jesus is :
    The Son of God, The Savior of the world, Lord, King, Master, Prince of Peace, Lover of my soul, Bride groom, Amazing, Wonderful , Precious , Awesome, Beautiful, The I AM, Holy One of Israel,
    Grace, Love, Mercy, Compassion, Passion, Faithful, True, Author & Finisher of our faith, Bread of Life, High Priest, Hope of Glory, Lamb of God Redeemer, True Vine, Resurrection & Life, Righteousness One, Chief Cornerstone, Rock, Lion of the Tribe of Judah , King Eternal, Good Shepherd, Deliverer and the Alpha and Omega . You can go to this site to read the full list of WHO HE IS!!! http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/jesustitles.htm For me personally... He is the lover of my soul, He calls me His child, treasured , loved, adored, precious in His sight. He is the one that holds my heart in His and tenderly cares for it! He is the air I breathe and the LOVE I receive! Without Him, there is no life! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:10 PM on May. 7, 2009

• btw get the video The Shroud of Torah ..... it has some scientific prove that Jesus did raise from the dead .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:12 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I believe He is my savior and redeemer.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:17 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I believe he was a teacher

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:18 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I agree with NovemberLove and Shaneagle777.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:24 PM on May. 7, 2009

• He is alive and he is a very important man he lives through us especially when we talk to him.
    He was a carpenter, he went around town to spread the word of our God (his father and ours), he was crusified for trying to spread the word by the romans and died for us as well so that we may have an everlasting life with him if only we believe in our father God. Jesus sacrifized his life for all of us in this world. All you have to do is believe in him and pray he is always there for you. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I believe he existed but more as a teacher who wanted to make the world a better place not as the literal son of God.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:52 PM on May. 7, 2009