Do you moms know a great schrimp recipe??? Please let me know....i need help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Ive never made shrimp. But shrimp sounds really good. Can you eat shrimp when your pregnant?
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 1:10 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I dnt think so, but i'm not pregnant
    Anonymous

• Shrimp Scampi. Take Butter, Garlic and any herbs you like and melt in sauce pan on stove. Pour over shrimp in an oven safe pan and bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp are pink in color, very yummy :)

Or Take Shrimp and put them on skewers and grill add garlic butter or some people like bbq sauce on them :)

There is endless ideas with shrimp
    Anonymous

• Jambalaya! Sautee some onions, garlic, and green peppers, add some sausage cut into bite-sized pieces and sautee some more. Add a can of diced tomatoes and 1/2 cup chicken stock or water and 1 cup of Jasmine or plain white rice. Cook over low heat until the rice is pretty much done, then add the shrimp and cook an additional 10-15 minutes for uncooked shrimp, 5-10 minutes for cooked shrimp (make sure they're deviened and have the tails off). Correct the seasoning with cayenne pepper if you like it spicy, black pepper for less heat, smoked paprika if you have some and check for salt, though the sausage will likely make it salty enough.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:17 PM on May. 7, 2009

• But dont you have to season it? I'm lost
    Anonymous

• You can eat shrimp when you're pregnant, just to clarify ...

When I make shrimp, I like to sautee it in teriyaki sauce, or bbq sauce. You can season it with salt & pepper before cooking. You should season everything before cooking, meats, seafoods and veggies. I don't normally grill it because I don't have any skewers, LOL. Another recipe I make is where I sautee some of my favorite veggies (onions, g. peppers, celery, carrots) and then sautee some shrimp (seperate pan). I add them together and put some sauce on top (usually teriyaki) and then put over rice. Or I add it to pasta sauce and mix with noodles.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 1:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• The closest that I have is the tofu fish sticks from Vegan Lunchbox. They are fairly amazing: shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2006/01/tofu-fish-sticks.html

Answer by rkoloms at 2:50 PM on May. 7, 2009