thin strange of hair falling out

I have very thick hair short layer hair. I have been coloring my hair since I was 16 and sometimes then my hair would fall but not a whole lot and that's only because I need to get it cut. But now I'm noticing that it's coming out alot more when I'm in the shower, brushing my hair or when I run my finger thought my hair. I just recently had my hair cut and dye but I'm still having the same problem as before and sometimes I notice when my hair comes out on the tip it's white. Yes I have been trying to lose weight but I just don't have a clue why this is happen or what I should do.

LoriAnn87

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 1:04 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Well you loos 100 hairs a day. So does it seem like you are loosingmore then that?
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 1:09 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Does thin hair run in your family? Are you eating the right foods?

You might want to go to a dermatologist and ask them? GL

If you are older person your hair gets old too it starts to grow thin and not as strong, try taking vitamins like at walmart it was in a purple box. hair, nail and skin. See if that will help. I have thin hair but mine IS hereditery.
    Anonymous

• There are several reason why you could be losing your hair. The first poster is right...on average you lose about 100 to 150 hairs a day. You may not notice it but it happens. You hair goes through growing phases too and about every 6 years you go through a massive shed to make room for a lot of new hairs. Thyroid issues can cause hair loss as can low iron and low vitamin b12. Then there's alopecia...something I suffer from. There are many forms of alopecia and the majority of them have no treatment to prevent the hair loss. Birth control and many other drugs can also trigger hair loss. Birth control is often the culprit and if everything else has been ruled out then you should expect hair regrowth within 6 months to 2 years once you've stopped the birth control. Here are some links: http://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss/oral_contraceptives.asp
    http://www.guideline.gov/summary/summary.aspx?doc_id=5428
    Anonymous