Tide

Why does laundry detergent cost so much? I try to do my part for the enviroment by washing in cold water,and the Tide Cold Water detergent is $8 for 100 oz.! Damned if you do...!

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 1:06 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Tide is outrageous anyways, but it is pretty much the best. However sometimes i just can' t afford it and have to but something like surf or something. But for the record, i wash everything in cold because out hot water valve leakes and huub hasn't fixed it . It has been that was for like2 years. And iwash everything in cold no matter what detergent i use. I just make sure to let water get in there and swish my hand around if using powder to avoid clumps.
    Anonymous

• I think all detergent is expensive. Why I dont know. Because its one of those things you have to have I suppose.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 1:08 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I think specifically paying more for a detergeant that says "for cold water" on the lablel is silly. You can buy any brand for much cheaper and still wash in cold.

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:13 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It is so much cheaper to make your own; better for the environment, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:25 PM on May. 7, 2009