my 2yr girl still wake up in the middle of the night!!!!

so my daughter is 2 years old with 1 month at first her bedtime was at 8:30pm she will fall asleep around 9pm. but she will wake up around 1am and the 2nd time at 4am. thats when she was 20months. now she goes to bed at 9pm and she will fall asleep around 10pm or like last night she didnt fall asleep untill 11:20pm but she still woke at 4am and didnt go back to sleep untill 5 something am. we tell her Emma go back to sleep... but no! the only time i remember her sleeping the whole night was when she was 10 months to 14 months. then this happen the whole waking up at night. why is this? is ur toddle waking up in the middle of the night too? what can i do to help her sleep through the night?

my 2nd question is ur 2yr old still sleeping in her crib?

mammaMia25603

Asked by mammaMia25603 at 1:17 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• at this age is she old enough to understand that it's bedtime. There is no reason to be getting up unless it's to go potty or something. My son will do this once in a great while, I either let him whine himself back to sleep or if he is really upset like bad dream or something I go back in and tuck him in and go back to sleep. I know it's hard but the more you pay attention to it the longer it will continue. I have a younger baby so I can't let me son be too loud but sometimes he will cry for like two minutes then is back asleep.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 3:26 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My son just started doing this same thing! He actually did really good for a while after moving to a new apartment and transitioning to his big boy bed. Then he got sick and not sleeping through the night. It has been an uphill battle to get him back on track. I just keep reminding myself it's just a phase and tuck him back in and pat his back hoping it works. Sometimes I'm tempted to put him back in his crib but I worry that might discourage him from moving forward.
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 4:50 PM on May. 7, 2009