For those you of who have read the Bible, PLEASE HELP!! If you don't believe in God n the Bible don't bother answering please!

My husband might be getting laid off, now while I have always had my trust in God that he will take care of it, I know also seein the verses helps. I've read some of the bible but I don't know it that well, help me out with some please. Its like God opened us a door to buy a house now his job is in jepordy so any encourgment would be great!

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 1:19 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Phil. 4:19 "And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
    Rom. 8:28 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
    Phil. 4:6-8 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• God didn't force you to buy a house. God is not the one who is going to force your husband to lose his job.
    Anonymous

• Even though I am like you I have alot of faith in God and when something negative comes up I talk to God and let him know what is on my mind and I know he is listening even though I don't hear him but I feel really happy inside when I speak to him. He will answer in his timing not ours so we have to be patient and make the best of it. I hate when my dh or people say well where is your God come on let's be realalistic here, it makes me mad I just keep quiet and I know our God is working on it, he will let us know. So keep praying and don't give up.
    As far as the bible I am sorry I have read it over and over and I really don't understand the tranlations for us today all I know there are alot of stories that happened and other adventures went on I just read the main verses that make sense to me and go with it and continue to pray and never stop believing in him...Hang in there he will make this right. GOD bless You
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:25 PM on May. 7, 2009

• This is one of my favorites:

Malachi 3:10-11

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

I have had some miraculous experiences to the point that I know, without a doubt, that when I pay my tithing(especially when it seems financially impossible), things always work out. The Lord really does keep his promise to open the windows of heaven and rebuke the devourer for your sake.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:27 PM on May. 7, 2009

• BTW - if it were me, I would inform my church leader about the lay-off, and see what help is available. Some churches have their own welfare, or food closets, or even a binder of job leads.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:28 PM on May. 7, 2009

• umm Anonymous... real encouraging... NOT!

Trust in the Lord and Lean Not unto your OWN understanding is one that I believe applies here.

Ps 121 read the entire chp here is a start
    1I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
    From where shall my help come?
    2My help comes from the LORD,
    Who made heaven and earth.
    3He will not allow your foot to slip;
    He who keeps you will not slumber.

Ps 46 1God is our refuge and strength,
    [b]A very present help in trouble.
    2Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change
    And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea;
    3Though its waters roar and foam,
    Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah.

Hope this helps !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:31 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I always think of this scripture whenever I feel like God isn't going to take care of me:

Matthew 6:26 (New International Version)

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:35 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I understand where you are right now. DH lost his job in January. It is hard to see what God's plan is sometimes, but I can tell you from past experience that there is definitely a plan. Every time DH has lost a job, when the crises was over, I could clearly see where God was in control. The loss of a job could mean many different things. For us, one time it God pushing us to take a step into a new career that we were afraid to take. Another time was to teach us that we need to take control of our finances. Now I think God is teaching DH a lesson in being responsible. He lost his job because he was not paying attention to what he was doing and missed an important message when he was on call. I also think God may be telling us to use this time to get our house in order.

Remember, God takes care of our NEEDS, not necessarily our wants. Pray and read His word. He will provide you with the answers you seek.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:36 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Keep in mind, that through all this God has His highest interest in preserving your life, but maybe not your lifestyle.

But with his help, the burden of cutting back on your lifestyle will seem easy.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:39 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I tihnk ppl are too dependent on God to take care of them instead of taking care of themselves. I understand you were in a good situation and you bought a house, hopefully you could really afford it at the time. but you also should have been putting back for a rainy day/situation. dh and I put away 5% just in case and more ppl should do the same. there are months we are tight on money and I have to dip but I always put it back when I have extra and keep putting in. It's not Gods job to protect us and our finances, it's ours. God deepends on us to take care of ourselves
    Anonymous