Is it better to have loved and lost, or to have never loved at all?

Would it be easier to grow up never knowing a parent, or to know them for a while and then when you are still a child lose them?

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd say it would be better to have never known them.

Answer by timelessglass at 1:25 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Loved and lost.

Losing love hurts, but when you're as healed as possible, you realize the growth and the learning that the relationship has given you, and you're better for having that.

Answer by mogencreative at 1:30 PM on May. 7, 2009

• OP- Lets say that you didn't just lose the parent, lets say that they commited suicide. In that case is it better to have loved and lost?

• good question. My sister never knew her dad and she's fine. I knew my dad and he left when I was five and I have abandonment issues. So according to that experience it's better to never know them but it's just one experience in millions. Each person is different.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:56 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i would have rather never to have loved...

Answer by LilChynaDollie at 12:18 AM on May. 8, 2009