how hard is the home study for adoption to pass im a little nervous?!?!?

mandya2001

Asked by mandya2001 at 1:24 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Adoption

• It's normal to be nervous, but you'll probably be OK. If they have any problems or questions with your home study, they'll let you know. If it's about the house, they may point out areas of concern, but give you ample time to remedy it. If it's about your family background, etc. they may ask for clarification. Good luck to you!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:56 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I remember my two home studies... I was a nervous wreck! The lady came and she was so interested in the home network that I installed that we spent 90% of the time teaching her how to set one up... Just be cheerful, smile, and hide all your dirty clothes... :)
    Gail99

Answer by Gail99 at 7:07 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I think a lot of it depends on who is doing the home study, CPS or an agency, I've heard CPS is more strict, and I think it varies by agencies. We just finished ours a couple of weeks ago, it's not that bad! If you ever want to chat, just holler! Good luck!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 7:38 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Everyone is nervous I think. I'm sure you will be fine. Private agencies are easier than CPS.
    Anonymous

• For our first agency homestudy, the case worker showed up a week early and I hadn't cleaned the house in a few days! It was fine. They want to see that you have a good, safe home and don't have mounds of trash or other safety hazards. In my experience, CPS focuses more on safety and agencies focus more on interpersonal relationships within the family. Just do your best and try not to stress.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:25 PM on May. 7, 2009

• shouldn't be too hard... if you really have nothing to hide.
    Anonymous