Would you demand..

a PHYSICAL address BEFORE your child was ever to be left with their father?? How about a REAL phone number?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on May. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• IT depends.. If he's shown signs of not being mature or not being fit, then sure.. If your just being that way to make things difficult because your kids are going with him. then I say let it go.
    Anonymous

• If you have to ask for it, there's a good chance the father might lie about the address. It's sad you would have to demand that. A caring father should be more than willing to let you know where you child will be and how to reach you should there be an emergency!

But yes, I'd want to know where my child is and how to reach him.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I would. If I didn't have that info, my child would NOT be going with him. My child's safety and well being come first.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It depends...I could demand it, but if it's not required by court documents, he doesn't have to give it to me...then if he didn't give it, if it wasn't required by court documents and I interfered with his parenting time by refusing to give him his kids, then he could file contempt charges against me and I could go to jail then he could end up with full custody because I was in jail.

Personally, I'd have to think if it was worth it.
    Anonymous