IS it more likely to be late with your first baby?

I've heard that first babies are usually late, not early. Is this at all true, given that there aren't any major complications? I am due July 22nd and everything has been perfect so far. I'm 21 years old and very healthy. I was thinking about how my baby shower is June 20th and I'm thinkin I hope she doesn't come early or we will be screwed! lol Is that cutting it close?

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 1:29 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had mine jan. 6th, and my daughter was due the 2nd of february.

I have heard it's either 2 weeks early, or 2 weeks late. June 20th still gives you time. I wouldn't worry about it! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My first (and last) was three weeks early....

Don't assume the last month will be uneventful. Stay close to home and your doctor.

(By the way, I packed my hospital bag THE NIGHT I went into labor...I felt fine and had no idea I would need it so soon!)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• my first was 5 and a half weeks early
    tattooedmomma23

Answer by tattooedmomma23 at 1:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

• u just never know. my baby shower was oct. 7th and i was due nov. 28th. i almost gave birth on october 16th, but my labor was stopped. i ended up having my daughter december 1st, was induced.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:02 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i had my baby shower the 13th of November...My son was due the 5th of December...but he came when i was 37weeks and 5days preggo
    italysgirl1205

Answer by italysgirl1205 at 3:05 PM on May. 7, 2009

• no that isnt true .. my 1st i was due sept 22nd and i had him aug 30th my baby shower was aug 18.
    my 2nd baby shower was april 18 and i am due may 18th
    u usley have ur baby shower a mnth b4 ur dd
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 4:54 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i wasn't due till may 16 my shower was set for april 25 and she was born at 11:49pm on april 24 lol kinda missed the shower
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 5:34 PM on May. 7, 2009