Is your toddler a cuddler?

My almost 13 month old son is such a cuddler.Some days he would rather lay on the couch and cuddle with mommy for hours then play with his toys. I'm not worried or anything because when he is in the mood to play he is a very rambunctious little boy. I am enjoying it, I just hope it lasts into his "terrible twos." Does anyone else have a cuddler? Or have you had a cuddler and they grew out of it?

newmama008

Asked by newmama008 at 1:30 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You're lucky. My daughter has *never* been a cuddler. Even when I tried to rock her to sleep she was too busy pulling her head up to look around to cuddle. I have to wait until she's half a sleep or has a boo boo to get my lovin'! :)
    Anonymous

• I hear people tell me all the time how their toddlers don't even want to be touched sometimes. I wonder why that is. I'm assuming it's just their personality or they have better things to do but I wonder if it has anything to do with breastfeeding/baby wearing/or even cosleeping. I'm sure there are studies done on it, it's just interesting.
    newmama008

Answer by newmama008 at 1:40 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My son is a total snuggler when he first wakes up from naps or in the morning. its my favorite time of the day! other than that hes sobusy running around!
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 1:40 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Whenever my son wants a cuddle, he says, "Hello______(insert HIS name)

I guess it's his way of saying, "Notice ME!"
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:42 PM on May. 7, 2009

• All the kids are spontaneously huggable. They just come out of nowhere with "Love you", to me, their mom, each other.

The 3 yr old has caught the hug bug from me, apparently I 'spoil' her. She calls it 'nubble-bugth' time. Or she'll just run up and give somebody a hug.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 1:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My son is a snuggler, usually right when he wakes up in the morning he wants to snuggle with me and his papa...right when he wakes up from naps, and right before bed. Although sometimes just randomly he will just want to snuggle. And he is a really high energy little 2 year old!! He is really lovey dovey though!! My husband and I both love it!

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 1:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• anon here again. I think it's personality. My daughter is sooooo curious everything gets her attention even from a young age. If I sat in the chair, she wanted to look at the arms, or the back of it or the cushions. Any noise gets her attention. It's like she doesn't have time for me b/c she already knows who I am. She only has time to explore! :)

Of course, come sickness or strangers, she's attached to my hip!
    Anonymous

• My son is 2 1/2 and he has his days where he wants to cuddle and the days where he wants nothing to do with me!!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:37 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Yes! My 2 and a half year old son is a huge cuddler! Sometimes he'd rather play, but he often stops playing just to come sit on my lap a minute or get a hug. In the mornings and evenings, he loves to be reading on my lap! I LOVE IT!
    TiffaniR

Answer by TiffaniR at 2:37 PM on May. 7, 2009

• my son is he's 14 months but he's a cuddler at the worst moments. Like im trying to get recipies down for school and he's trying to craw into my lap or i have a reserch paper due and he wants to climb up the computer chair just to get in my lap.
    rockmom89

Answer by rockmom89 at 3:31 PM on May. 7, 2009