I really want a tattoo on my lower back, but at the same time I am really scared that it will hurt then I will end up not being able to go through the rest of it

any tips will help thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Shopping

• LETS JUST PUT IT THIS WAY IF YOU CAN HAVE KIDS A TATOO IS A BREEZE. I WAS THE SAME WAY ABOUT MINE. AND THATS EXACTUALLY WHT THE ARTIST TOLD ME. AND GUESS WHAT? HE WAS RIGHT.
    JENMGAILEY

Answer by JENMGAILEY at 9:22 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Pain level is different for each person. It will hurt, but no one knows how much you can tolerate. If you even think you wouldn't be able to finish once started, don't do it.

Anonymous

• 1. They don't hurt that bad if at all.
    2. By the time they are done with the outline your back will be numb.
    3. Getting a tattoo actually feels good because while getting it your brain will release endorfins.

I have five, and the only time that any of them "hurt" was when part of one of mine was right over a part of my hip bone and I was really skinny at that time.
    Anonymous

• You will be amazed at how quickly your bodies natural pain killers kick in. In fact, that is why a lot of people have more than one tattoo--the rush is amazing. Plan for something small. Maybe a center part that you could add to later instead of doing a huge piece in one sitting. You could also just do it in black to start & add color later if you want. It isn't a constant pain either--they do a very small amount then reload the gun with ink & do a bit more & they are constantly wiping the skin to see what they are doing & the solution they use is very soothing. I have 4 tattoos (including one on my lower back--not center, but off to the side) & none of them hurt enough for me to quit partway through. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:54 PM on May. 7, 2009

• if its on your lower back the most pain is when it gets towards the tailbone and the spine area. but i have one there and that was when it hurt the most. but compared to having a kid it didn't hurt near as bad as contractions, so if you've done that you should be ok :) the tatoo artist will stop when you ask if you need to, i had to have mine stop once so i could get a drink and have a cigarette, and he even told me before he started, to just let him know if i needed him to start. i don't even remember the pain though, i remember that it wasn't comfy b/c i had to sit on a chair backwards with my chin rested on the back of the chair so that my back was slightly curved (that way the skin was pulled taunt) that made me dizzy thats the main part i remember
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:55 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I don't think it feels good at all, but if you really want one then it is usually worth it in the end. I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to pain and I've got 3.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:59 PM on May. 7, 2009

• what is endorfins?
    Anonymous

• Seriously, if you have a half-finished tattoo on you'll be so anxious to get it finished you won't really care if it hurts
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 8:36 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Why would you want to mutilate your body with a rediculous blob of ink that you're stuck with for life---it's just a fad---you'll regret it one day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on May. 8, 2009

• who asked you ANON 1:53
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on May. 8, 2009