Would you feel bad?

If you had to tell someone your job wasn't hiring?

I am the receptionist where I work and I always feel bad when people come in for jobs and I have to tell them we don't have any positions open.

I always feel silly saying here fill out an application we will keep it on file, like I am giving them false hope or something.

Well that is all have a good day ladies. : )

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 2:05 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This happens to me every spring. Guys call and call wanting to get on one of our crews. I work for a local contractor and a lot of our work is seasonal. I always feel bad when they call and I have to tell them Dave's crews are in place for the summer. Times are so hard right now and we all have kids to feed and bills to pay. I am soooo thankful for my job! I fell like when I tell them no, I am letting their kids go hungry or something. It sucks.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I would feel lucky to have a job. I am that person who keeps filling out application after application and I have been that person for months now. It sucks and its hard on family life.
    Anonymous

• Don't feel bad, it isn't your fault that you aren't hiring. But it's a good sign that you do feel bad, that means you have empathy for other people!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 2:11 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I wouln't feel bad for telling the truth. It's not your fault but you have compassion for others as do I. It''s human nature to feel for others especially if you're a nice person.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 2:19 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It happens to me a couple of times a month.
    I am the only one in the office and they walk through my door.
    No I do not feel bad only because times are so tough right now and there are alot of
    people without jobs.
    It is out of my control.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:19 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It isn't your fault so don't feel like it. I hate filling out applications because so many places aren't hiring and I feel as if I'm wasting my time.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:37 PM on May. 7, 2009

• yea salexander that is how I feel too!!

I am thankful for my job very thankful I work for a good companay and will probably never leave.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 2:44 PM on May. 7, 2009