Cramping but no Period

I am almost a week late on my period yet I have occassionally period-like cramping. I don't think it's pregnancy since I'm taking the pill and I have skipped a couple of periods using this specific type of pill anyways (Yaz). I guess my question is why am I having these period-like cramps when I haven't started yet? Does my body think I'm having a period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Health

• It could just be late or your missing your period yet your body is reacting like your having one.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:11 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I would agree, perhaps your body is reacting as though you are having one. Is it time for you to get it according to your pills?
    Anonymous

• Answered at 1:14 PM on May. 7, 2009 by: Anonymous
    I would agree, perhaps your body is reacting as though you are having one. Is it time for you to get it according to your pills?

Yes, it is time. I took my first sugar pill last Wednesday and I usually start a few days after that. Here it is 8 days later and no period. I'm thinking of switching pills b/c like I said, I've had 2 missed periods before this one and I just can't take stressing out about being pregnant every month.
    Anonymous

• I'm going through this now and it's Soooooooooooooooo confusing to both me and my body but mine is probably related to menopause. I'm miserable and wish it would just come out and get over with!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:38 PM on May. 7, 2009