• In the Spotlight:

military moms...

my fiance is in the navy and were about to get married...i have a daughter from a previous marriage (father is not involved and is not on the birth certificate)...when we get married...will she count as a dependent too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:22 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Regardless of who is or isn't on the birth certificate she will count as a dependent as long as your married and living together.
    brailynsmama08

• what if we arent living together? hell be on his ship in va and then cali and ill be in pennsylvania.
    Anonymous

• As long as he is the one supporting her, then she will still be his dependent.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:46 PM on May. 7, 2009

• yes. just make sure he adds her as a dependent.. it doesnt matter that he moves around..thats common. now if your daughter lives in wa. and you two are not anywhere near her...tahts different because she is not being dependent upon you two
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:08 PM on May. 7, 2009

• ya all of the above.make sure he claims her as a dependent.he can claim her if he is the one that is solely sapporting her.why doesnt he just adopt her,my 2nd husband did for my first child.now shehas his name.well this was 25 yrs ago. and when she got married it wasnt a question as to who was going to walk her down the isle.he always treated her like she was his so did his family.very italian very catholic...i might add.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 5:45 PM on May. 7, 2009

• he wants to so bad but her bio father wont let him. he says shell think hes a bad dad if he does that. go figure.
    Anonymous

• Yes... my husband is in Iraq and my daughter from previous marriage is still our dependent. Ex and I alternate her tax deduction each year per the divorce decree.
    momneedsalatte

Answer by momneedsalatte at 12:08 AM on May. 8, 2009