Does anyone secretly wish they were a better mommy?

I always find myself wanting to be a super hero i wish i could clean the house cook 3 meals, do the laundry and keep my kids entertained...but by the end of the day i just feel so drained. I have no energy for my kids and it makes me feel like a bad mommy.Does anyone feel the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do. I spend too much time on the computer (daughter's sleeping right now and I should be cleaning, but here I am). We spend a lot of time reading and stuff too, but mostly the housework falls behind.

Thanks for the motivation, I'm gonna go do my dishes now :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:24 PM on May. 7, 2009

• All the time! Especially when it comes to patience. I am always wishing I had more patience. At the end of the day, I sit and think how I can be more patient the next day. Then I try to decide to take control and do it.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 2:24 PM on May. 7, 2009

• yes.. after doing everything then its time for them to go to bed and there i am just getting started.. crazy but we can only do what we can do mama..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:26 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Everyone feels they could be a better Mom. No one is perfect..NO ONE IS A PERFECT PARENT. If you come across one it would be a cold day in H*LL. We make mistakes, we are parents..that is part of the job descriptions. Everyone feels drained. You sometimes have to make yourself do this stuff otherwise it may never get done. If you are a SAHM like i am, my husband works from 7am-5pm. the kids go to bed at 9. so there is little time for daddy to be home to help. you have to get yourself on a routine and stick to it.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:27 PM on May. 7, 2009

• This would be a yes for me, I find it hard to "play" with my kids, I try to give them everything they need and I do give them a lot of cuddles but I just find it so hard to play with them, I'm always reading or on the laptop, other people are so much better at playing with them, I also stress too easily and I wish I could bond with my daughter the way I have with my son. I just always think others do a better job looking after them :( As for housework..I try but it's never good enough for my mum anyway lol but everytime I do it the day it'll need doing several times and by bedtime I just want to fall asleep!
    princessfairy

Answer by princessfairy at 2:28 PM on May. 7, 2009

• of course! i wish i could do everything that needs to get done...but my kid makes it a lot harder! when she finally goes down for a nap & i could get the house work done, but all i want to do is finally eat lunch & rest my self.

i also get upset when i think about how im not pulling in any income. i know its for the best, but its just one more thing that adds on to my already high level of mommy guilt.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:30 PM on May. 7, 2009

• ALWAYS!!!! We have this feeling of having to get it all done!!! We are not super heroes we are human!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:30 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Yes, and now that my son is a toddler, it makes things harder to accomplish. I used to be able to cook, clean, take care of him and everythign else when he was a little baby. All I had to do is pop him in his swing and do my business. Now I'm lucky if he takes a nap so I can get homework done or cook. If he's awake, I have to watch him like a hawk since he's either knocking things over, putting objects in his mouth, or walking up the stairs. It's hard.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I felt the same way. I did find that prayer helped.

Answer by Bmat at 2:36 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Don't we all? Especially on those days when they are jumping on your very last nerve and it is too hot/cold/wet to go outside. Sometimes I think I will lose my mind if my name is called one more time...or if one more person comes tattling. Then they go to bed and it is quiet and I make a drink and it's okay until the next time.LOL
    Anonymous