Prom Time already!!!

My baby brother lives with my husband and I he will be going to the prom tomorrow...*tear falling they grow up so fast and he wants to stay out all night. First, his reasoning was he will be 18 at midnight fridy night and second its his prom and I did...So what should i do?? Let him stay all night or have him stick to his curfew??

sunshinestar110

Asked by sunshinestar110 at 2:28 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• what time is curfew?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:34 PM on May. 7, 2009

• it's prom as long as he's a good kid and will let you know where he is, i say let him stay out. after my ringdance (junior prom) our parents all changed our curfew from 11 til 2, since the dance ended at 11, so we went to IHOP then midnight bowling. at prom, i went with 3 other couples, the girls split the cost of a room and the boys split the cost of a room at a hotel, girls stayed in one room boys in the other, we all went to IHOP and midnight puttputt then went back to the hotel hung out in the girls room and when we started to get tired the guys went to their room. we had fun and we stayed out of trouble and all our parents knew where we were and how to get ahold of us to check up on us (and they did like 2 or 3 times each) so i think you should let him go out have fun, he's right he will be 18 soon,its prom and thats part of it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:38 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It's prom. If you trust him and he is a good kid I would let him stay out. I don't think age has much to do with it though. Knowing where he is and who he is with is more important.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:39 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Josiemommy....Curfew is 1am for weekends and 10pm on weekdays
    sunshinestar110

Answer by sunshinestar110 at 2:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Well seeing that he is going to be 18.. I think that is your answer. I'm facing this next year when my daughter has her SR. prom soooo ya no fun but at one point you have to just pray and hope they make the right decisions ... good luck hun..
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 3:10 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Let him out but stress drinking and driving and tell him something like "no one will be at your funeral if you get into a car (while sober) with a drunk driver"

tell him to take his own car, and not to do any drugs lol
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 9:09 PM on May. 7, 2009

• If you think he is responsible enough, maturity-wise, let him stay out. Some schools have after prom-parties where the kids are not allowed to leave till a certain time in the morning The sponsers have all kinds of things going on, contests, games, hypnotist, etc. They usually open the doors at 5am.
    sunidayz

Answer by sunidayz at 8:37 AM on May. 8, 2009

• My daughter goes to prom in two weeks. While I don't like the idea of the big prom parties and all-nighters after, I think that if you trust your brother (or your child), this is one where curfew rules have to be bent for the night. I, for one, will still not be sleeping well that night!
    k8njksmom

Answer by k8njksmom at 9:34 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I would stick to the curfew, while he lives in my home he will need to follow curfew, what message would i send the other children if curfew rules are bent,
    zabet

Answer by zabet at 1:50 PM on May. 8, 2009

• if he is 18, you can't make him do anything. Just trust him and let him go. If you try to control him now that he is legally an "adult" it will never turn out good
    hailiesmom515

Answer by hailiesmom515 at 7:35 PM on May. 8, 2009