What did you feel like after birth?

I had a c-section so I wouldn't know this. But what do you feel like after a vaginal birth? Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• a worn out rag doll
    Anonymous

• I was EXTREMELY sore. I was sore for 2 months, and then felt it up to about 8 months later. It was painful to walk. I got lightheaded.
    Anonymous

• I had a c-section also. I'm guessing all the tensing and pushing would make all your muscles a mess for awhile.

I wouldn't have traded my c-section for that!
    Anonymous

• With my daughter, I felt like a truck had hit me for a bout a week. I was SOOOO sore I could barely walk. With my son, I was a little sore for a day or two but I've had worse from a work out. I think it was directly related to the amount of time I was in labor. With my daughter I was in labor for about 20 hours, with my son I was only in labor for 6.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i had a vaginal birth with my dd, i was just sore and tired nothing too bad though, i personally don't want a c-section with my son & pray i don't have to have one
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Immediately after the birth of my kids after the epidural wore off, I immediately felt the pain of the episiotomy. I also felt cramping (especially after baby #2) due to my uterus shrinking and i bled alot. I was very sore all over, especially below and extremely tired. Within the coming weeks, of course, I was still sore below yet it got better each day. I was certainly tired from lack of sleep and b/c of nursing & thrush I had pain there too. However, even after all this pain and discomfort, I would always always always see these days as the most special and wonderful of my life. I would do all this again in a heartbeat.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 2:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i had to fight to keep my eyelids open i was so tired and i was throwing up too. sad that i couldnt enjoy the moment more
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 2:34 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My first son I delievered without the epi. I was very very tender although I did not tear or get cut. It hurt to sit, to walk or especially to pee. I hurt like that for a couple weeks and was still kinda sore for a couple months.

My second son, I had the epi. It was great. I didn't feel much as far as pain even during delivery (just a little pressure). I delivered in the operating room because my baby had a birth defect and needed the NICU. I was freezing for hours later. I also spent 9 weeks on hospital bedrest before he was born so I had a lot of muscle weakness in my legs. It took me almost two weeks to be able to walk any distance.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 2:38 PM on May. 7, 2009

• When i had my son i was exhausted and had no appetite and just didn't want to do anything. After i had my daughter i was starving and wanted to get up and walk, nobody could get me to stay in bed and the nurses were shocked i wanted to get up lol. I was in the hospital for 4 days after i had my son due to an infection but was only in the hospital for 18 hours after having my daughter. I hope this next one is as easy as it was with my daughter lol. I had an epi with both but it wore off when i was pushing with my daughter so thats why i could walk right after. Everyone is different, i was sore for a week or so after both but recovered quickly.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It depends on the actual birth itself.

With my first child they had me start pushing too soon. I was worn out and sore.
    With my 2nd child I had a long active labor, about 18 hours, and the baby was large. I was worn out, sore, and couldn't walk upright for 3 days.
    With my third, I felt great within hours.
    Anonymous