Feeling guilty~not announcing the pregnancy yet

I have not broken the news to my parents yet that I am pregnant. It's going to be till the 18th when I can say something once I know for certain that the baby is healthy and is thriving after an ultrasound is done.

I feel horrible because my parents are wonderful grand parents and love spending time with my son. I am very close to them and any big news in my life they are the first to know. I email and talk to my mom daily. My parents live about 10 minutes from where I do and it's killing me that I can't say something.

DH and I each own a house and we are in the process of selling mine. I have faith that a buyer will come for my house as summer is coming and school will be out. I know when I talk to my parents this will be a concern of theirs that we have 2 houses.

What would be a good way to let them know they are going to welcome their 7th grandbaby in January?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 2:32 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you can handle waiting until June, you could sign your Dad's Father's Day card from everyone including the new baby. Wait to see if they notice... then when they do have a celebration!

Or you could do that for Mother's Day, but it is before your ultrasound.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 2:39 PM on May. 7, 2009

• if your son is old enough tell him to tell grandma and grandpa that he is going to be a big brother. or let him wear a shirt that has the words only child crossed out and underneath it says big brother. my son has one. or you can give them an ultrasound picture in a frame and have it personalized to them saying grand baby #7 will be here on the due date.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:37 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I didn't tell anyone (except hubby of course) I was pregnant until my fourth month.
    The reason: Same as YOURS! I didn't want to get everyone's congratulations just to maybe lose the baby. (He's our only and came after being married 23 years!)

I called up mom and dad and asked to visit. I brought my ultrasound picture in one of those picture envelopes you get at the photo counter. I handed it to them and said these were some pictures I took they might like to see. :-)

You should have SEEN my MOM'S face! LOL
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:40 PM on May. 7, 2009

• After having a miscarrage with my first pregnancy, I waited until I was about two months to tell my family.
    Anonymous

• I did buy the only child shirt for my son and I bought one for me that says "I can grow people, what's your super power?" I was hoping to have my son present the ultrasound pic to my parents and then have my son be the one to announce it. But I am feeling horrible when I see my parents and I want to much to say "I'm gonna have a baby" or "You're gonna have a new grandbaby to rock after New Year's" but DH wants to wait. I will be so heartbroken if I lose this baby. I have been walking more, drinking water, eating veggies, fruit, yogurts, and trying to do what I can to be safer with this baby.

I really don't want them to say "How could you not tell us?" or have them be mad because I purposely hid this.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:48 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Congrats Mommy! I think I would let your son tell them, but then again, the Father's Day card idea is a good one too. When I was prego with DD, I had dinner with my dad and sent my mom an email cause she lives in another state. WIth DS, I called my mom and emailed Dad cause he was deployed to Kuwait. Good luck hon!
    Kaci_Eden

Answer by Kaci_Eden at 2:52 PM on May. 7, 2009