Charities

If you still have a good income, have you started contributing more to charities since the economy has knocked out so many who used to support them?

timelessglass

Asked by timelessglass at 2:34 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• We have always found ways to contribute.

I will say that almost every charity that I am a part of more often wants bodies to support them than money! They can use volunteers to offer time to their cause, an event, sending out letters for money donors, collecting supplies and so on! I would say if it difficult to pay a charity then give them so low cost time and elbow grease!
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 7:17 PM on May. 8, 2009

• we don't make awesome money (my dh is the only one who works) but we give to st.jude every month
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:35 PM on May. 7, 2009

• We always make a donation to Heifer International on Mothers Day. We are constantly giving money to my daughter's school...

Answer by rkoloms at 2:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• We always make an effort to give to charities that are close to us, but we are rather selective in which ones. But I do make a point to make at least a small donation to Dollar4Life with each payday!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:01 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I can say we have donated more since MY DH has been deployed. We always give back to my son's daycare. Our house in our neighborhood is known as "They will buy anything as long as it supporting a good cause." We donate to St. Jude and local charities. I truly believe if you do good things, good things will come to you. And I can say, good things have defiantly come our way. In these difficult times, we have been very fortunate with how things are turning out for my husband and for our family.
    oragami

Answer by oragami at 12:03 AM on May. 8, 2009