Can you have a false positive?

I tested a few days before my period was to start and it came out like a DEFINITE positive. the line came quick, and it was dark. Well today is when i am suppose to start my period, and i have cramps, and my lower back hurts, as if i was on my period, but no actual bleeding yet. Am i goign to start my period and could this have been a false positive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Seriously doubt it was a false positive with how fast the results came. It is possible to have some cramping during the early stages of pregnancy.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 2:36 PM on May. 7, 2009

• thats normal in pregnancy im over 3 months and i go threw it everyday!
    i cramp and i swear i started i run to the bathroom and nothing!
    its normal!
    dont stress
    Anonymous

• with my son i wore a pad for a whole week. swore i was going to get it any minute. nope. nothing. i had all the pd signs too.
    Anonymous

• According to my doctor, false positives almost NEVER occur.
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 5:01 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Really no such thing as a false positive because it is detecting a hormone that wouldn't be there if you weren't preggo. Congratulations!!!
    Anonymous

• My friend had a false positive but got pregnant the next month, so it wasn't too bad that she told us.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 9:57 PM on May. 8, 2009