how do i know if my baby is gassy?

my baby is 2 weeks old and is bottle fed. she rarely ever burps or spits up, but is constantly passing gas and lately has been fussy too. how do i help her?

alyssamj24

Asked by alyssamj24 at 2:36 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wonder if the formula is bothering her tummy. As her doctor about trying something else.

Answer by Bmat at 2:37 PM on May. 7, 2009

• try harder to get her to burp too, that helps her from getting really gassy. when she is gassy lay her on her back and move her legs like she is riding a bike, rub her tummy a bit, or hold her over your shoulder and rub her back. and i would do what Bmat suggested and ask her doctor what a good formula for her would be. also what kind of bottles do you use? you may want to switch to bottles that make sure baby gets less air when eating, that way shes got less gas
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:45 PM on May. 7, 2009

• thanks for the ideas!! we use the dr brown bottles(i bought those in the hopes that we wouldnt have this problem)...the formula that we are using now is similac, but my husband and I were wondering if maybe she needs soy formula?? but i will try your ideas and see what happens :)
    alyssamj24

Answer by alyssamj24 at 5:25 PM on May. 7, 2009