Do you...

Run your child to the doctor even when they have just a sniffle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• No. And i rarely call between visits. I tend not to get worked up about the little things.
    Anonymous

• I used to until I became more comfortable and more experienced as a mom.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 2:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• nope
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:42 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Nope. In fact, first time dd went to the doctor, she had bronciolitis. Once the regular cough started sounding very odd and troubling I took her in right away. The day before they probably would have sent me home.
    Anonymous

• I'm the OP. My daughter has the sniffles now and my husband wants to rush her to the doctor haha.
    Kimmers1116

Answer by Kimmers1116 at 2:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Doctor's offices (especially if you see a pediatrician) are really germy places and if you can avoid bringing a child there, you should.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:13 PM on May. 7, 2009

• No. I spend enough time at doctor offices. If I have a concern or question about treatment, I call. We are lucky enough to have a pediatrician that gave us his cell number. I've never called unless there was a problem beyond the sniffles.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Dad's seem to freak out a little more then moms. When my first was about 6 months he got a runny nose and cough and started doing this sound sometimes and DH thought it was asthma so after some discussion and me telling him it was just our son discovering he COULD make noise I took DS in. Well the doc told me exactly what I had told DH! If you can't convince DH then maybe take LO in just to ease his mind a little. Remind him that the office is full of really sick kids so does he really want your LO there? Also get a hand out from the doc on when he/she wants to see kids. This helped with my DH too. Our doc had one already printed that he gave us.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:28 PM on May. 7, 2009

• No, we have only gone in for well baby checks. I have never called in for anything. We have only had one illness, just a little case of the sniffles.
    Devory

Answer by Devory at 7:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Nope and it irritates the snot (pun intended) out of me to finally decide that maybe you should take them in and pay the copay to be told that their is nothing to do about it but let it run it's course. Uhg!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:02 PM on May. 7, 2009