Tipped utuerus. How likely is a natural birth? Should I C-section?

40 wks 2 days, just found out my uterus is tipped to the left.. I want a natural birth. But my family says it would be more likely I will go through all the pain of labor and end up having a C section anyways. Has anyone else had a natural birth with a tipped uterus??

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 2:42 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• whats your doc suggest? family is well meaning but doesn't always know whats best, unless they are telling you b/c they had tipped uterus and went through the pain only to have a c-section, in that case it's probably more likely you'll end up having one. if you want a natural birth though, ask your doc how long you would be in labor before they would allow a c-section that way you can at least try and not feel like you cheated yourself but you know you have the option of saying ok i want a c-section.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:47 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Mine was tipped toward my spine. I had a natural, drug free birth & didn't have any issues. Do what you want--you won't regret it.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 5:03 PM on May. 7, 2009