Why do people pass false things off as fact

especially when they have never done it, lived it, or it is merely an opinion ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• cause they don't want to seem STUPID! My friend does that all the time...she gets ALL her info from the television and of course everything you hear on TV is the absolute truth! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Anonymous

• They don't have common sense.
    Anonymous

• Some people can be easily lead and are willing to beleive what others says. If someone they trust says it, it must be true. My brother told me something when I was little and I just trusted him even though I found out during my research for hte project it was compeltely false! If I hadn't been doing a project on the topic, I probably would still believe it! :) He told me they peel off the skin of people before they mummify them. ewwy. I'm not so gullible any more, though. I try to research. But others are still that way.
    Anonymous

• This also drives me crazy. Not to man bash but it seems men (okay my husband) do this all the time, They will say something so sure of themselves which is really just off the top of their head, On top of that even though they are proved wrong they will do it again and again. My husband will get mad when I question him but he just assumes so much and usually has his information all wrong.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 2:54 PM on May. 7, 2009

• because they have convinced themselves that its true. Ha ha...the mind is a powerful thing
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 2:56 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Some people just have to be the first to deliver news, especially when it's bad news. The worse the better. Why take the time to double check when you can be FIRST! to post/ask/journal all about it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• they really think its true
    Anonymous

• Sometimes they might really think it's true. If I see something on the news, I will check 3 or 4 different sources at least before I bring it up!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:04 PM on May. 7, 2009