How do I get my hubby to agree to baby #2?

I would like to have another baby sooner then later, but my hubby says he doesn't really want another one. I hate thinking I have to convince him to have another, what do I do?

jlr09092006

Asked by jlr09092006 at 2:53 PM on May. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Look, if your husband doesn't want another baby right now then don't force him. Nothing will turn out the way you want it to if you do. If you force him or conceive without him knowing you could ruin your marriage. Trust me, my best friend was talking the same way you are, and she got her husband to finally say "whatever" if it will make you happy....well he was not happy after the baby came and he left her and is suing for custody of the kids. it is not a good idea to have more children unless both parents are completely on board. talk to him and maybe after talking about his fears and concerns about bringing baby #2 into the world he may change his mind. but don't get upset if he doesn't. he is telling you the truth.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:56 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Before you married, how many children did you both agree to?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:16 PM on May. 7, 2009

• If he really doesn't want another one, you're not going to convince him of it. The more you try to talk him into it, the more he's likely to resist and get ticked because you keep bringing it up.

What was the decision before you guys were married? If you knew he was only going to want one...you went into this fully informed and probably need to accept it.
    Anonymous

• Before we got married we always said "kids" never an exact number. So then do you think I need to convince myself that I don't need to have another one? And not to long ago he was watching a show on TV and there was a little baby in it and he said "it makes me want to have another baby"....so what does that mean? He said it was just a fleeting thought, but if you don't mean it, don't say it. Nothing like getting my hopes up ya know? I would never "accidentally" get pregnant, I take my pill every day, I know that is not the right way to handle the situation, I'm not dumb. I just don't want to be 40 or 50 and regretting not having another one.
    jlr09092006

Answer by jlr09092006 at 10:30 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Im in the opposite boat lol...mine wants another one, I dont. I enjoy my time with just Gage and feel like Im not ready at all. I get really aggrovated that my husband keeps bringing it up. I guess Im just trying to say, that when hes ready, hell let you know =) Good luck!
    sherriewlk

Answer by sherriewlk at 6:10 PM on May. 8, 2009