Stretch Marks - Pain?

I am currently about 17 weeks, 6 days prego with my first child. Prior to pregnancy I had a few slight stretch marks on my stomach and the sides of my breasts from fluctuating weight. Now, at 17 weeks, I have horrible stretch marks on my stomach, and they are often painful. Even moving or my shirt rubbing against them hurts at these times. Is this normal?

Also, I've heard that lotions with collagen, elastin, and cocoa butter can help a lot in regards to preventing stretch marks, or at least keeping them from getting too bad, as well as helping to ensure better healing post-partum. Does anyone have any experience with this working at all?

Thanks!

_Jynxx_

Asked by _Jynxx_ at 3:02 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• getting my stretch marks hurt too. but yes cocoa butter works best. I have some by palmers (i think) it is made specially for pregnancy. it smells bad but it worked for me. it minimized the appearance dramatically.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:04 PM on May. 7, 2009

• You can use Vitamin E oil and rub it in like baby oil after every bath. It promotes elasticity in the skin and helps the discoloration of stretch marks. For me when I got stretch marks my skin would itch prior to it actually stretching.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:17 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i had the palmers too, i loved it, yes it does have kind of a funky smell, and is reeeeeely thick, but for me it helped relieve the pain a bit :)
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 3:31 PM on May. 7, 2009

• as soon as i found out i was pregnant i bought palmers cocoa butter, and i dont have any new stretch marks and i am 19 weeks, the ones i have are the ones i have always had, deffinitly a must though it works good !
    mommy2be1308

Answer by mommy2be1308 at 3:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i actual use this stuff caled bio oil.its like 12dollas a tube buttttt after 2 weeks i saw a major diff. i still have stretch marks though!!! sad face
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 9:21 PM on May. 10, 2009