Stretch Marks - Pain?

I am currently about 17 weeks, 6 days prego with my first child. Prior to pregnancy I had a few slight stretch marks on my stomach and the sides of my breasts from fluctuating weight. Now, at 17 weeks, I have horrible stretch marks on my stomach, and they are often painful. Even moving or my shirt rubbing against them hurts at these times. Is this normal?

Also, I've heard that lotions with collagen, elastin, and cocoa butter can help a lot in regards to preventing stretch marks, or at least keeping them from getting too bad, as well as helping to ensure better healing post-partum. Does anyone have any experience with this working at all?

Thanks!

_Jynxx_

Asked by _Jynxx_ at 3:02 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Health

• i have 3 kids and after my 1st baby i had alot of strechmarks that were not painful, untill i got pregnant the second time and the 3rd and started streaching out old stretch marks, and they burned and were painful, it's normal when your streching old ones out. also try lanilin, which is used for breastnipples when lactating, but put it on your strechmarks and it will help the pain and the strechmarks
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 3:06 PM on May. 7, 2009