Stretch Marks - Pain?

I am currently about 17 weeks, 6 days prego with my first child. Prior to pregnancy I had a few slight stretch marks on my stomach and the sides of my breasts from fluctuating weight. Now, at 17 weeks, I have horrible stretch marks on my stomach, and they are often painful. Even moving or my shirt rubbing against them hurts at these times. Is this normal?

Also, I've heard that lotions with collagen, elastin, and cocoa butter can help a lot in regards to preventing stretch marks, or at least keeping them from getting too bad, as well as helping to ensure better healing post-partum. Does anyone have any experience with this working at all?

Thanks!

(By the way, this question is cross-posted in a few different categories.)

_Jynxx_

Asked by _Jynxx_ at 3:03 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Usually they get very itchy as the skin stretches out. Sometimes they can be painful but its not as common usually. I use and love the Anew Clinical Stretch Mark Smoother from Avon. You can get it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:40 PM on May. 7, 2009

• be careful using any type of stretch mark cream while you are pregnant or nursing. I can't remember the exact ingredient but there is one that is in some of these creams that can be harmful to the fetus or infant. You might want to try some all natural cocoa butter or the palmer's lotion. I have heard that both of these will work well.
    staceynicole_tn

Answer by staceynicole_tn at 5:12 PM on May. 7, 2009