thrust and not breastfed?

Maybe I mispelt "thrust" because I cannot find the answer I am looking for. The white stuff in the mouth that some breastfed babies get. Anyway, I haven't breastfed my baby in 5 months, I didn't notice any thrust. She is now almost 1yr old and formula-fed and has a wide-variety diet. She came down with a cold and the doctor says she has thrust... her tongue is white, too. I thought this only occured while breastfeeding??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she has thrush. and it can be caused by a lot of things. not just breastfeeding. the doc. should have given her a rx for it. thrush is caused by yeast in the mouth. babies immune systems are not strong enough to control the growth of the yeast.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:07 PM on May. 7, 2009

• No Thrush, from what I have always been told is actually more common in bottle fed babies rather than breastfed, but honestly I dont think it matters which you choose to do because my son is breastfed and has never even had a bottle and he got thrush too
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:12 PM on May. 7, 2009

• OP: Thrush! I knew I was mispelling. Silly, half-asleep me didn't think to replace the "t" with "h" . Thanks, guys. I just never heard anyone say their baby had it unless they were breastfeeding... that is definitely interesting.
    Anonymous

• most babies get thrush at some point and time, just make sure he takes his meds for it and it will clear up, no biggie
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 3:20 PM on May. 7, 2009

• In addition to the medicine make sure you boil EVERYTHING that goes into baby's mouth and since baby is over a year make sure you are feeding baby yogurt. The probiotics help eliminate thrush. Good Luck!

Anonymous