my friend is prego and she is scared and she says she not ready for a baby

what should i tell her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If she's not ready to raise a child, suggest that she look into adopting her baby.
    Anonymous

• how far along is she? my girlfriend when she first found out was freaking out and saying how she didn't want kids yet. i sat her down calmed her down, told her she had options if she wanted to take them, mainly adoption and abortion (if she felt it was something she needed to do) and about a month later she was ok and had gotten over the anxiety of it and looking forward to having a baby. i think all of us at some point freak out even if we are married, stable and everything else. its a scary thing becoming a mom, so just sit and listen tell her there are other options if she really decides shes not ready. but suggest she give it a month or so before she starts full blown looking into adoption that way she can have time to adjust to the idea of keeping the baby or adopting it and think about those options first. otherwise she really just needs someone to listen and tell her it will be ok.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:12 PM on May. 7, 2009

• well i wasn't ready the 1st time and my 3rd baby was a complet accident, knowone is really ever ready for a baby, you think you are and then when it comes your like, oh crap what now. Tell her your experiences and guide her through it, let her know your there for her, don't just tell her to give it up for adoption, adoption is a last resort and a resort that alot of women regret, trust me i almost did it with my last baby, because i only wanted 2 kids, and when my 2nd was 4mths old i found out i was pregnant again( that was a surprice) i had a family lined up top take her and everything. i also almost got an abortion with her, and that is the worst thing to have to go through, my sister in law had one and it haunts her till this day. Good luck and God bless
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 3:13 PM on May. 7, 2009

• explain adoption, it would give her baby what she can't and doesn't want to. Explain that while it may be scary it will all come to her naturally, she CAN be a mom.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 3:15 PM on May. 7, 2009

• well she dont know how far long she is. she is only 18 she got pregnant by a 28 year old man that she babysit for. and i dont know if he knows yet are not
    Anonymous

• I don't think any one is ever truly ready for a baby, especially one thats unexpected. Tell her what she feels is normal and she may very well change her mind once the baby is born.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:25 PM on May. 7, 2009

• she may be only 18 but i'm sure she knows where babies come from etc. Getting pregnant from some stranger probably isn't that smart but it does not mean she can't be a mom. Sounds like she needs some information, I would suggest adoption there are tons of couples out there that want a child.
    Anonymous

• That doesn't sound good at all. A 28 year old man she babysits for? Holy cow. What was she thinking? She IS young. I would have a serious talk with her. Maybe she needs some counseling? Putting the baby up for adoption would be good. So many wonderful couples who can't have children are waiting to adopt.
    Anonymous

• tell her she's like the rest of the first time moms in the world. Once the baby is born and she gets the hang of it she'll be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:45 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Oh I freaked out too but reassure her that you are there to help no matter what and you will support any decision she makes, but she is just like the rest of us who were scared sh**less the first time.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 4:08 PM on May. 7, 2009