• In the Spotlight:

My son is almost 5 months old and for about a month now he has been spitting up/throwing up alot. When I give him formula he seems to spit the whole bottle back up bit by bit. What should I do?

BrAd3nSmOmMi3

Asked by BrAd3nSmOmMi3 at 3:14 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what kind of formula?
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 3:19 PM on May. 7, 2009

• At this age they are using there abdomen more lifting their legs and crunching up. Spitting up more at this age is normal. Keep burping him and trying to keep him still after feedings. I let my DS lay on my lap and I play with his hands and feet so he doesnt wiggle alot after feedings.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 4:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• we had this problem with our daughter, we had to switch formulas for it, first we were using enfamil, then similac, then similac sensitive, then similac isomil advance*soy* and finally the soy worked, no more gas and no more spit up :D so call your doc and ask him/her what to do and see if you should try it
    x_tinky_x

Answer by x_tinky_x at 3:04 AM on May. 8, 2009