Reaction to chickenpox vaccine? is she ok?

My 12 month old just got her shots on the 16th and it was the chicken pox vaccine...she has what looks to be some small itchy spots all over and alot all around the injection site...is she ok? is ther something i should do?

emturner

Asked by emturner at 10:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is totally normal for them to actuallt get a couple chicken pox arounf the injection site. I can not believe your Dr did not warn you of this.
    My son had one chicken pock right where the injection was. It is totally normal as long as she does not have them all over and or a high fever.
    libbykate

Answer by libbykate at 12:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I would call the doc to check but chicken pox normally starts in warm places like upper thighs, armpits, etc. Good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 11:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my sons would actually get a few chicken pox after the vaccine its normal but you do need to report it to your doctor and make sure she isnt allergic to the vaccine.
    erins2ndbaby

Answer by erins2ndbaby at 11:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2008