What to do with baby boys long hair?

I am pregnant with my second child, and if he's anything like my first (she was born with very long, thick, curly hair) his hair will reach his eyes and be half way down his back by the time he's 6 months old. I dont like the idea of cutting baby hair; its so fine and pretty and perfect!

So what do you do with long hair on a baby boy? You cant really use a barrette because their all hearts and pink and everything. And if you were to cut the hair of a 6 month old, how would you do it? I'd get it done professionallyofcourse, but what syles?

Thank you all ^___^

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 3:22 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would cut the bangs just a little so they would still blend with the rest of the hair.

Wispy baby hair is the sweetest. We don't cut our boys hair until it is long enough to cover their eyes, then we only trim the bangs a little.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:25 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I took a tiny tiny bit of creamy baby oil and put it in his hair and parted it and put it in a plain ole little boy style. The back kind of curled up.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I'd just do it at home of course and cut it short. Boys look tacky with long hair.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 5:35 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i have this same issue, hes 3 months and its getting pretty long, i just let it be all crazy right now, i dont want to cut it so soon i love it!
    abbyl2490

Answer by abbyl2490 at 12:15 AM on May. 8, 2009

• When my oldest son was born, his hair was REALLY long...and my MIL had a holy fit when I wanted to cut it. She comes from a very superstitious family and said that cutting a baby's hair before his first birthday will cut his life short.

Of course, I don't believe a bit of it, and was going to do it anyway, but she was very upset, crying, begging, etc., so I let it go...but I did tease that I was going to get a dress for him and have him go as a little girl for his first halloween.
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 7:58 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I think little boys with long hair look like girls. No I'm not trying to be rude, but they do...until they go thru puberty. So if you let his hair get long, don't get upset or offended when people mistake him for a girl....even if he's wearing a blue shirt with trucks on it. My daughter is almost 3 and is just now getting hair, she could have on a pink dress (when she was a bit smaller), and people would still call her a boy, simply cause she was bald.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on May. 8, 2009