How far apart do u suggest having a baby?

My Daughter and Son are only 11 months and 3 weeks apart. She will be 3 in Aug and he will be 2 in Sept. If i get pregnant near Aug, do u think that is a good age for my two little ones to have a little brother or sister?

wifemother220

Asked by wifemother220 at 3:23 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• depends, are you stopping there or likely to have more? if you are stopping there, i would go ahead and ttc, if not, i would wait a bit, maybe another year on top of that, however, only you know your kids and how another sibling will be handled, or at least is likely to be handled, tell me, why do you think its a good idea? that will at least help you see exactly what you are looking at if you write it down :) helped me!
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 3:27 PM on May. 7, 2009

• For the most part my children are around 2 + years apart. My 2 oldest son's are the closest in age 12 months apart.. and Emma who is 8months will be 15 months where her little brother or sister is born. I like the close-ness in age but it can get hectic as they get older. I think you should really give it some thought weigh all the pros and cons and then go from there and also you might not get pregnant right away. Good luck hun!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 3:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My son is 11 months and we will be trying for #2 next spring. This should put them a little less than 3 years apart. Before we had him, we thought we'd have kids 2 years apart. But now after having him, and knowing all about parenthood, we'll be waiting an additional year, LOL. I think the difference we'll have will be just fine.

There is a 3 year difference between DH and his oldest brother, then a 15 month difference between him and his younger brother. He isn't close with either of them.

I am very close with my brothers. There is a 17 month difference between older brother #1 and older brother #2. Then a 16 month difference between older brother #2 and myself ... my mom had 3 in less than 3 years. She didn't recommend it :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:54 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i had my sons on- feb 19 2004 aug 23 2005 and july 10 2007 and im due july 16 this year so i think stair steps are great lol- i think if u feel that u can handle having them that close then by all means go ahead- if u think its a little to much to handle having that many kids so young in the house then no- but i think ull be fine! good luck ttc and i hope everything will go well for u guys!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 3:55 PM on May. 7, 2009

• whatever you decide, it's up to you and your hubby...whatever you can handle...if your ready for another baby, go for it...if not, wait a little longer... do your kids ask for another sibling?
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:04 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Well, I was going to come on here and preach the blessings of being pregnant now that my son is a half grown, lol. He will be 8 in July! But considering you already have two little ones, I think now would be fine to start trying. Then all your babies are close together.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:37 PM on May. 7, 2009

• mine are 15 , 11, and 6 . It is a big challenge sometimes. We wanted spread out ages. We thought it would be good for our sanity. But, I duno now. (lol) The activities are so different. One minute I'm playing candy land the next I'm doing algebra. Not always that simple but, you get the idea. Would I change it probably not (well not today)lol.
    mommarykaje

Answer by mommarykaje at 12:10 AM on May. 8, 2009