my 4 year old just came up to me for no reason at all and said mommy you are an idot

I am serious I was on the computer on the porch she was in the yard playing came up to me and said mommy when I looked at her she said mommy you are an idot. WHAT??? I yelled at her not to say that and now she is mad at me. She has even told me the other day that she hated me. Why is 4 worse than 2 or 3 years? When will it get easier? And I tell you what she has a mouth on her I do disapline so don't say I don't, but she back talks and everything now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is it possible that she doesn' t know what idiot means? You just need to explain to her that it is not nice to say that to people.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 9:59 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Don't over react. Just tell her that's not a nice thing to say and leave it alone. If you make too much of it she's going to continue it. As for the hate thing, tell her it makes you sad when you say mean things like that. She'll stop

Answer by admckenzie at 3:39 PM on May. 7, 2009

• kids are mean lol... joking aside...is some1 in your family disrespecting you? maybe some type of abuse is happening and she doesn't know how to cry for help... or maybe she is getting this type of behavior from ..t.v or movies?neighbors maybe? or school! just know she doesn't mean any of the things she tells you..

psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 5:35 PM on May. 7, 2009

• ha my 3 year old is doing the same thing she will scream when she gets mad and yell I hate mommy and daddy i wish i didn't have a mommy and daddy.....sometimes i spank her or when she calms down tell her she hurt me by saying them things and she will say she is sorry but she better grow out of it soon i hope
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 6:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• PSYCHOBILLY MOM
    no noone body else in my home is disrespecting me in anyway. she isn't in school i am a stay at home mom so she doesn't go to school or daycare. she might have got it from her friend next door though i don't know i never heard her friend say it, but i don't know.
    Anonymous