Does having morning sickness denote which gender you are pregnant with?

I was sick as a dog for the first 5 months of my pregnancy with my son. This pregnancy? Hardly any nausea and no throwing up. Does that mean I will have a girl?

Have you heard of any wives tales that tell you you're having a boy or a girl based on certain body cues?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 3:51 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had three completely different pregnancies. I had achy boobs and heartburn with the first. Morning sickness and horrible vaginal pressure and painful hips with the second. Zombie like tiredness with the third.
    I have three boys. I don't think that differences in pregnancies is an indicator for gender.
    I was convinced because I wanted a girl so bad with the second one, that the morning sickness was a dead give away for me having a girl...nope.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:57 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My friend had zero morning sickness with her daughter... and then she got pregnant again 3 years later and was AS SICK AS A DOG she had to go to the ER a few times to get ivs it was so bad.. she had another girl :) So no.. it just means its a different pregnancy and different child
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• hmm as far as I know, if you have morning sickness you are pregnant. lol I have no idea if that means a girl versus boy! never heard of that one
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• nope, not at all is what I've been told =) my mom was dog sick with both her boys and girl
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 3:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• No, i was sick with both my son and daughter.
    Anonymous

• your what 4 weeks along? give it like a few more weeks you may end up getting sick.. i didn't get sick til around 6 weeks
    Anonymous

• Nope it definitly does NOT. I had two girls. The first one a had morning sickness all day long for what seemed like forever. it was so bad that i couldn't eat smell or even see food on tv, without barffing. With my second child i did not get sick once, i felt sick sometimes in the begining but never actually got sick.

p.s. i thought the same thing and thought my second might be a boy,,,,,,wasn't lol.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 3:57 PM on May. 7, 2009

• No. Sorry.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:59 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Morning sickness doesnt predict the sex..its the size and shape of the belly. lol Cracks me up..i dont believe that whatsoever..everybody carries differently due to body shapes and weight.
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 3:59 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Absolutely not....I never had morning sickness and I have a 2 year old son and now a daughter on the way.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 4:02 PM on May. 7, 2009