What is the best way to do a follow up thank you for a phone interview?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• The best I have experienced, if there is a skill the employer is wanting, demonstrate that skill. If you can put that skill online, even better.

Thank you notes are sometimes preferable. But them sometimes, they are a dead give away that you are quite seasoned in interviews (or interview training).

Pestering with phonecalls is always a no-no. You will just irritate the employer (and will make you appear desperate).
    Anonymous

• I'd send a short thank you note.

Answer by Bmat at 4:28 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Your instincts are dead on. You can send an email thank you for a phone screen; definitely a hand written note for a face-to-face.
    I do career and job search coaching, and I am always happy to help CafeMoms with resumes, cover letters, interview preparation and job search strategy.
    -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 5:11 PM on May. 7, 2009

• thank you for a phone interview sounds desperate to me. I wouldn't do it however, I would send a follow up letter showing my continued interest in working for the company.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:28 PM on May. 7, 2009