I got an epideral and my back is hurting where it went in is that normal?

I had my baby 6 months ago. And the guy who did it was training and messed up.

KM52mom

Asked by KM52mom at 3:58 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Health

• It must be. I have complained to my doc about the spot from the epi from my first baby and have always been told it's no big deal and nothing to worry about. Seven years later it has turned into more of a sensitive spot that I rarely notice... except when hubby gives me a back massage.

After that one I have stayed away from epi's completely. I opt for completely drug free.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should go back and have it looked at. Mine didn't hurt very long at all.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 4:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• The after-effects of an epidural can last a year. If you have another one, be sure to thoroughly research the side effects.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Sounds like a well known side effect. Talk to you Dr. and opt for drug free next time.
    Anonymous

• My mom had her last epidural 30 years ago and still has pain from it. Lifelong back pain is a known side effect of an epidural. That is why I choose IV drugs instead.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:43 PM on May. 7, 2009