Does anyone have a child that has scoliosis?

I have a 2 yr old with scoliosis and I was hoping that I can find other mothers that have children also having it and see if they get the casting done on their child and see if they have any problems with the casting.

momofboys235

Asked by momofboys235 at 4:18 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Health

• Hi there,
    I can't help you on the casting but my dd was diagnosied when she was 4 with scoli. She had a 32 degree lumbar curve. She wore a Boston style brace from age 4 until age 11. We were never advized to do casting. We were told that her curve would be held steady and when she stopped growing she could then be brace free and live well with the curve. She wasn't expected to correct but when we went for our check up she had corrected to 11 degrees. She has been brace free for four years and shows no sign of regression.

So if you would like to talk feel free to pm me. I wish you and your child well.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:25 PM on May. 7, 2009