sheltered gal needs to know when she is going to ovulate? and what that even means?

I know...I know..this is going to sound like I know nothing about my body...and sadly the truth is that I was raised in a strict, religious household and I really don't know much about sexuality and pregnancy stuff.

My period started on the 25th of April. When will I ovulate? My husband and I have been having sex without condoms because we don't believe in them. When are the days I could get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:31 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Hope that helps you!
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• "Most" people ovulate 14 days after the first day of their menstral period. It mostly depends on how many days inbetween each period you have. For example: I had my period every 26 days and would ovulate around 13 days after the first day of my last period. When I ovulated I would feel a little sick and a little crampy. Again, it's different for everyone how they know. I think you can buy something in the store that will tell you when your ovulating near the pregnancy sticks.
    Abee22

Answer by Abee22 at 4:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Ovulation is when your body releases the egg. Without an egg your husband's sperm have nothing to attach to and get pregnant.

the others answered the rest fairly well :) Good Luck.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 4:57 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Calculate 14-16 days after your period started. My doc's office told me I would ovulate 10-12 days after my cycle started. Wrong. According to my monitor I ovulated on day 16. DH and I had baby danced during and all around that time. I got my BFP on May 2. Congratulations if you are trying to get pregnant. According to the calendar it looks like you will ovulate between May 9-11.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:51 AM on May. 8, 2009