How can I get my toddler to sleep "soundly" in his toddler bed?

My son is 20 months old and has been sleeping in a toddler bed for 3 weeks. He wakes up about every 2 to 3 hours -still half asleep and calling for "mommy" and asking for "juice" I no doubt run to every noise he makes in the night. Am I ever going to sleep for more than 1 hr at a time- and is he? Am I keeping him awake by going into his room and laying him back down, putting covers back on and reassuring him everything is okay? Should I wait until his noises become full cries or demands? I'm confused. I never had this trouble with my daughter (she is 4 yrs old and has always been a great sleeper)

MOMMIE-O

Asked by MOMMIE-O at 4:26 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is 20 months old. She just recently started sleeping in her toddler bed. She use to wake up 4-5 times a night. Drove me crazy. Don't go in his room everytime he calls or whines. He'll be fine. He will toss && turn and go back to sleep. Make sure he has eaten and draken something right before he goes to bed. That will help b/c he wont' wake up hungry. I give my DD a sippy cup of milk right before bed, she drinks it and gets laid in bed & NEVER wakes up throughh the night. I know it is hard to ignore their calls trhough the night, but if you can do it for a couple of nights, he will stop waking up b/c he will know that your not going to respond. Hope that helps!
    Ari0825

Answer by Ari0825 at 6:47 PM on May. 7, 2009