Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My insurance is screwed up at the moment. My son takes growth hormones.

He was through a pharmacy with a reasonable copay. The insurance said go here it is set up to be more affordable. More affordable apparently means 4x's my previous copay. Now they are refusing to ship his meds. Does anyone know of where I can apply for assistant temporarily for his meds. I hate to even do it but until I can get my private insurance straightened around. We have a median household income.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • Call your son's doctor and explain the situation. There may be a drug trial that your son can get into, or a way for the doctor to get samples from the drug company.

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:08 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • You need to call the manufacturer of the drug and ask about an assistance program. Depending on how much your household income is, you will get the drug for free...just need an Rx sent from the doc. A coworker of mine is doing this right now for her son and it has saved her thousands of dollars. And I do know they are not hurting for money...they are not extremely wealthy, but they do have a comfortable life. It's worth a try...

    Answer by michelle121003 at 7:56 PM on May. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.