Is there a way to get an infant out of the tub without it being awkward and getting yourself soaked?

My four month old hates the bath. I'm hoping she'll like it more once she can sit up on her own and everything.

But I'm at a loss for when I get her out of the tub. I always have a tough time getting the hooded towel on her. I don't want to get my shirt soaking wet either. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can do bathtime a little more...gracefully?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 4:42 PM on May. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yeah! Well, when we lived in the apartment our bathroom's door led out to the hallway, which was carpeted. I'd lay out the hooded towel outside of the door, on the carpeted area before I got her in the bath. When I got her out, I'd pick her up and set her on her back on the already laid out towel in the hallway. I hope that helps.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I just wrap the towel around the baby and lift. You could always take off your top to keep it from getting wet.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I hold the hood part under my chin and spread the towel over my chest and scoop him into it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• We used the two person approach--either DH or I would lift the baby out of the tub & into the arms of the person waiting with the towel. Also, instead of the hooded baby towels, we used large bath towels. They tend to be thicker & warmer & cover more.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 6:24 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I agree with funnyface. Those hooded towels are kind of a joke. The regular big towls work way better. The hoodies are sure cute, but by the time your baby is three months old or so, they don't cover very well anymore:( My hubby and I give our daughter baths together. He holds on to her squirmy butt and I scrub her down. Usually takes us five minutes to clean her and then we do the hand off. I hold the towel and her hands her to me and I wrap her up.
    Sophia_L

Answer by Sophia_L at 6:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• https://www.target.com/gp/search/175-0262694-6127543?field-keywords=stay+dry+bath+apron&url=index%3Dtarget%26search-alias%3Dtgt-index&ref=sr_bx_1_1

look at this- i have the same problem all the time so i got one of these and they work so well! try it
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 6:37 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Have the towel laid out on the floor behind or beside you and pick her up out of the tub at arm's length. It's only for 2 seconds before you lay her on the towel and wrap her up. And I used to turn the heat up in the house and set the towel over the duct, so it was nice and toasty when I got my kid out of the tub!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:02 PM on May. 7, 2009