My husband went to a specialist at Cleveland Clinic. They gave him one diagnois

She sent my DH to another specialist for the heart condition she diagnosed. When he went to another specialist for a follow up they did an EKG that only reads if he is having the episode. He even explained to the nurse why this would not read right because he wasn't having the problem at that point. That was why they gave him the heart monitor. The doctor came in said oh your sympthoms don't match (never looked at the heart monitor reading) so nothing we can do. Walked out and DH was left with yet more medical bills and another dr. saying nothing we can do. My question is who can we fight the $200 copay. She saying that have to bill or its fraud. Personally I think them charging anyone for nothing is fraud. How can I contact the medical board about looking into this. I am worried my husband will have something happen and only one dr. who actually took time to test says there is something there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• HANG IN THERE WITH THE DOCTORS MY HUBBY HAS BEEN SICK FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS AND 2 WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS WE FOUND OUT HE HAD BONE MARROW FAILURE..WE HAVE BEEN TO SO MANY DOCTORS AND THROUGH SO MANY MISS DIAGNOSIS...THE INSURANCE ISSUES I WOULD FIGHT...
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 5:04 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Every hospital has an Ombudsman's office. They are there to mediate in issues like this. If you don't feel you needs are being met, then by all means- contact they ombudsman office. I don't know who you saw at the Clinic- but I work there and we have an ombudsman office that fields issues from patients. I assume you came to the main campus- the main number is 216 444 2200. Ask for the ombudsman and explain your concerns.
    Anonymous

• if they provided a service it's not fraud

Answer by admckenzie at 5:29 PM on May. 7, 2009