Why wait until the first bday for a boys hair cut?

LeeLeeCandleGrl

Asked by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 4:48 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I don't know.
    Anonymous

• Its some silly old wives tale, I had to do it though, DS was born with a full head of long hair, he looked ridiculous! I got him a nice hair cut when he was 2 months old, he looked so handsome =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I had to take my son to the hairdresser at 3 weeks old. He looked like he had a wig and it stuck out straight, all over.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:54 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My boy is 7 months with the thickest longest afro I have seen on a baby boy....people are telling me to wait but not telling me why I should.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 4:57 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Do what you want to do. I chose to let my babies hair grow until their second birthday, because I like the wispy baby hair they had. But if you feel like you should cut it then do.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:03 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My first was getting haircuts regularly at 6 months because it was in his face. But my second son is 13 months and still hasn't has his first haircut
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:09 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I never heard of this before...my son had about half a dozen haircuts the first year!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:17 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Maybe it is something only black people do. Never heard of other races waiting to cut the babys hair.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 5:45 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have many friends black and white who waited one year to cut their kids hair. I waited because I wanted to see if ds' hair would be straight or curly. Baby hair changes a lot during the first year. It stayed straight for a long time and then once it got a certain length it had a little flip at the bottom. Now at age 4 it's either buzzed or in a mowhawk.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 6:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Wow, LeeLee. Way to go for turning a post about children's hair into a racial thing.

Bravo. *Claps*

..Can you sense the sarcasm?
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 6:53 PM on May. 7, 2009