2 yr Son JUST started waking up doing the night?!?!

My son just started waking up during the night a couple weeks ago! He is 2 years old and now wakes up EVERY night at 2:30. I try to let him cry but it goes from whining to hysterical! The ONLY way to get him back to sleep is to give him a bottle and let him come in bed with me. I notice when he is in bed he will cry out a couple times so I am not sure if he is having nightmares or not...

His bedtime is 9 pm and he was totally fine going down and would not get up til we woke him for daycare at 7 am... But since he turned 2 he is totally different.

He won't fall asleep in his crib. Only on mom or dad and he wakes at 2:30 am LIKE CLOCKWORK.

Any opinions are appreciated. Sorry if this is rambling but I am exhausted!!!

Laurie48154

Asked by Laurie48154 at 4:50 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine did the exact same thing at 2. It was 3:30 every night. It lasted for about a month, not every night but mosts. I never actaully figured it out. It was like she was awake but not really cuz she wouldn't keep her eyes open. I know they get thier two yr. molars around that age. I really think that was what it was. But those take a long time to come in. Others suggested maybe night terrors. I just struggled through it. I went in her room gave her a drink, and rubbed her back. If i picked her up it made it worse. So i just rubbed her back and talked soflty to her saying," its ok its alright." Wish you luck.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 5:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I hope that bottle only has water, or you are setting your son up for serious dental issues. He may be having night terrors (any recent changes or trips), getting ready for a major developmental change or having growing pains. You can try Hylands teething tabs

Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 PM on May. 7, 2009